Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Baking My Way: Oatmeal & Candy Cookie Pops

I had no reason to put my cookies on the sticks but I thought I would leave that step in so you all could take it or leave it as you like. It would be fun if you were doing a cookie bouquet or something for kids, but I wasn't doing either.  

I liked this cookies. I ran out of the candy-coated chocolate pieces so I did half chocolate chips, half candy-coated chocolate pieces and I think I would like that better. For some reason I'm not a huge fan of that candy crunch in a cookie. They would make a great on the road or camping cookie. 

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
  • 1 cup candy covered plain chocolate candies
  • 20 wooden popsicle sticks

Directions:

Prep Time: 2 hrs
Total Time: 2 1/4 hrs

  1. In large bowl; combine brown sugar, sugar, and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; blend well. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
  2. Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Shape dough into 2-inch balls; insert wooden stick into each ball. Place 4 cookie pops on each greased cookie sheet; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. If desired, press additional candy coated pieces into the top of each cookie.
  3. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheets.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you added chocolate chips and candy pieces...that is how I like my cookies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds mouth watering! Thanks for sharing...I know I would LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...