Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

Health Tip of the Week: How Many Calories should I Eat?


I found a great website with a calorie calculator on it.

“This calculator gives an approximation. If your goal is to lose weight by burning off excess body fat, aim to eat 500 fewer calories per day than your daily caloric needs, and maintain or increase your exercise activity. Do not go below 1200 calories per day unless on a medically supervised weight loss program or after consultation with your doctor.” – quote from the site


I also found this great website that gives you the calorie count for almost all the different food products on the market.

Here’s an example of a couple that I was sort of surprised about:


1 tbsp Salted Butter -100 calories
1 cup of Scrambled Eggs – 367 calories
2 Chips Ahoy! Cookies – 160 calories
A handful of Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips- 160 Calories

Check back next week for some great calorie burning exercises!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I will check both out still I bet the calories I eat don't work out to weight loss LOL.Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...