Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Baking My Way: Chocolate Pixies

This was my first time making chocolate pixies and I was really excited about it but I can safely say I didn't enjoy it at all. I don't know if it was this recipe or what it could be (because I made two batching and both were like this) but they were hard to work with (the dough was sticky and thin) and they either undercooked or overcooked, making them way to crunchy for my liking.  I ended up getting pretty frustrated and didn't finish with the dough I had made (which brought me to making a whole new recipe to use it up, but I'll tell you about that later).

So needless to say, I wouldn't really recommend this one, but I gave it a go, and that brings me that much closer to finish cooking through this book!


Ingredients
1/4 cup margarine or butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
2 cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Directions
In large saucepan, melt margarine and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.

Add flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, salt and eggs; mix well. Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.

Heat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; if necessary, flour hands before rolling into balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar, coating heavily. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 300°F. for 13 to 18 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I get so frustrated when a recipe doesn't do what I expect it to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...