Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Baking My Way: Fudgy Brownie


I needed to bake two bars for Marshall's grandparent's 60th anniversary celebration and this was one of the ones I picked. I was more then happy to bake something because I still have so many recipes to try in my book.

I've made a lot of brownies and just looking at this recipe I wasn't too sure that it would be the type that I like (soft, chewy and very chocolatey!) but I was wrong, they are so tasty! And yes, SOO fudgy! I think the key is to not over bake, if you do that well there goes the fudgy part! I added some icing sugar to the top to add a little more excitement.

Brownie:
4 oz. chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Glaze:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter

Brownie: 
Heat oven to 350.

Grease 13x9'' pan.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring contently until smooth. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and eggs; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and chocolate mixture; blend well.

Spread in greased pan.

Bake for 30-38 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE!

Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.

Glaze:
In a small saucepan, melt glaze ingredients over low heat, stir contently until smooth.

Drizzle over cooled brownie.

Let set, cut into bars.

7 comments:

  1. Brownies!! These look so tasty! Love the combo of all the yumminess wrapped up in one bar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the mood to bake something chocolate. This might be it! Yum!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies always bring a smile! At least in my house! These looks wonderful, my kids would love this! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks SO good I hope you'll add it to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda,
    This is an awesome Brownie! I can't wait to bite into that fudgy goodness. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...