Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Baking My Way: Cranberry Orange Bars

This bar is sort of like apple crumble but with different fruit. I LOVE the base and topping and will use it in my other baking wow was it good! I don't love the tang of cranberry and orange but if you love those two fruits you are going to love this bar! It is wonderful for what it is but they just aren't my favorite fruits. I'm glad I tried it, and it's another recipe done in the book but I think next time I'll make this a blueberry bar instead! 

INGREDIENTS

 Base & Topping:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup chopped walnuts

Filling:

1 cup orange marmalade
1 (16-oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce


DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well. Add margarine; mix until crumbly. Press 3 cups of mixture in bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan to form base. Add walnuts to remaining mixture; reserve for topping.

In small bowl, combine marmalade and cranberry sauce. Spread evenly over base. Sprinkle reserved topping evenly over filling; press lightly.

Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

Recipe Source: Pillsbury.com

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! These sound terrific. I'm going to try to convert this to gluten and dairy free. By the ingredients that you listed, it should work out fine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't orange and cranberry great together? I could turn these into muffins, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks good! I love cranberry and orange, always thought they are a perfect match! Would be great with blueberry too, I bet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...