Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Quick and easy candy coated pecans


2 cup pecans (or whatever nuts you want)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (you could use maple, coconut, or other flavoring if you like)

Bring sugar and water to a boil. Let boil for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat. Add the nuts. Keep in simmer until the mixture gets thicker, around 7-20 minutes. Turn off heat and add vanilla. Let stand for a minute. Put nuts on wax paper to let set. 

I find that sometimes the liquid takes a lot of time to thicken so make sure you keep an eye on it, to make sure it doesn't burn.

Tip: If the mixture is not thick enough or your nuts are drying after you've put them out on the wax paper stick them in a frying pan and "fry" them to crisp up the coating. Sometimes when the nuts get a little burnt in this process they taste even better, bringing out more of the flavors. 

Here's another great option, super easy!

3 comments:

  1. Those look delish! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my new linky party "Pin It and Win It Wednesday" at www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!
    I love candy-pecans and I often buy them
    Now it's time to make it at home - it's and easy recipe
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...love pecans and this looks SO good! I have a party going on now, I'd love to have you share you recipe there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...