Pages

Friday 25 May 2012

Baking My Way: Oatmeal Carmelitas


Such a tasty bar! It works really well to just put down all of the base and then use the filling just as a topping too (use a little less caramel sauce though).

I was really annoyed with myself because today when I went to post this recipe I couldn't find a photo anywhere! I was sure I took a photo of this great bar (and how I did it differently) but no, can't find it anywhere! So, sorry guys, you'll have just to look at these photos, not mine, but they totally show how good things bar can be (I wish you could smell through photos)!


Crust
2 cups Flour
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups margarine or butter, softened

Filling
1 (12.5-oz.) jar (1 cup) caramel ice cream topping
3 tablespoons Flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan.

Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour; blend well.

Remove partially baked crust from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

Return to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars.

 (This is what it looks like on the Pillsbury website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...