Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Baking My Way: Fresh Orange Cookies

These cookies are great! I'm not usually a huge fan of orange in baking but I really liked this! I didn't use the orange peel in the frosting but I think it would be good either way (I think there was already enough orange going on in the cookie, but that's just me). This would be a great cookie for a tea party or a summer or spring time event. 
Cookies
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons grated orange peel
Frosting
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice


Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine sugar and 1 cup margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs; blend well. Add all remaining cookie ingredients; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
 
Bake at 375°F. for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
 
Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend all frosting ingredients until smooth, adding enough orange juice for desired spreading consistency. Frost warm cookies.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...