Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

Baking My Way: Orange Caramel Spritz

(I didn't have a cookie press so I used just a piping bag without a head. It still gave the general idea of the cookie I think)

Well I usually love anything with cream cheese in it but to be honest I sort of felt like this was a waste of my cream cheese. I didn't like the end result of the cookies and I didn't find I even tasted any caramel which I was really disappointing in. Again, still glad I tried it and another recipe done in the book.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 1/4 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon colored sugar

DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add brown sugar and orange peel; beat until light and fluffy. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt; blend well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours for easier handling.

Fit cookie press with desired template. Fill cookie press; press dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar.

Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

Recipe Source: Pilsbury.com

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...