Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

Baking My Way: Homemade Chewy Granola Bars

I was happy to finally get to make this recipe. I will for sure keep it in my back pocket for when we have kids and I'm going to work on it some more to make it healthy, but all and all it was really yummy! I love that it's chewy!

1 cup firmly pack brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 coconut
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 tablespoon sesame seed
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. Grease 13 x 9 pan. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, syurp, butter and vanilla. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Press evenly in greased pan.

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool an hour, cut into bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...