Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

Baking My Way: Peekaberry Boos

I'll be honest, these cookies didn't turn out as good for me as they sound in the recipe. They may look good in the photo but looks can be deceiving, these cookies (above) don't have the filling in them.

My first batch, wow, they looked bad. They were flat and the filling was all over the pan. I added some more flour and bake a few more and they seemed to work out well (above).

I'd like to try it again with the filling but I was scared after the first bad batch to add the filling in the second...in any case I'm sure they are wonderful!


1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup fruit preserves

Heat oven to 400.

Beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Add water, almond extract, and eggs. Blend well.

Stir in flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Make a divot in the center of each cookie. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of preserves. Drop scant teaspoon of dough over preserves. Bake for 6-9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...