Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Baking My Way: Vanilla Sandwich Cookies

 I LOVE these cookies! I'm getting down to a lot of more boring granny like recipe in my Baking My Way challenge so I didn't have high hopes with this one but as the recipe started to take form I started to get excited that I might actually really like the flavor and wow, did I ever....I'm not sharing these cookies, I've eaten so many of them myself already and Marshall has had a few but I'm putting them in the freezer to enjoy one at a time! These cookies are super rich, soft and very decadent; so worth making!!



Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon sugar

Filling
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (or more if you want it even chocolatie, which I did!!)
4 teaspoons hot water
2-3 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur or coffee (I used Amaretto)


Cookies
Combine sugar, butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add milk, vanilla, egg; beat well. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.

Heat oven to 425. Flour rolling pin and flat surface. Roll out dough to 1/8'' thickness, sprinkle with sugar and cut with 1 1/2'' cutter.  Place cookies 1'' apart on cookie sheet.

Bake for 3-5 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.

Filling
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients, adding enough liqueur for desired spreading consistency.  To make sandwich cookies, spread rounded 1/2 teaspoon filling between 2 cooled cookies, placing flat sides together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...