Pages

Thursday 25 October 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


As usual when I have bananas that I just didn’t get to in time I make banana chocolate chip muffins. I know, it’s one of the simplest things to make but for some reason I often have trouble with them being too flat. I’ll be honest I’ve resorted to the package cakes mix from time to time to get the muffins the way I want...I know, shame on me. BUT this recipe has worked well for me every time! No more cake mix for my muffins, which of course is way healthier, and I’m all about that!



1 ½ cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
2 Eggs
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Butter (soft)
5 Bananas

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tips, set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips; mix well.

In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in brown sugar, butter and bananas. Blend well. Add flour mixture and gently fold together until dry ingredients are moistened.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


Tip: I like to use the big chocolate chips; put a little less in but use the large ones. It makes it more like a cookie, and you can taste the difference between the banana and chocolate then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...