Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Homemade Kettle Corn


I love love love kettle corn. It's one of my all time favorite snacks but I hadn't made it just the way I like it yet. When I want something I just keep trying recipes until I get there and finally I got it almost perfect (I've made this recipe twice already so it's just getting better). Anyways, now I'm sharing it with you! So tasty!!

You will need:
yellow popcorn kernels
vegetable oil
brown sugar
salt

Make 8 cups of popcorn according to the kernel bag directions. Make it in whichever way you like (I use an air popper) 

Put 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp water, and 2/3 cup light brown sugar into a small pot. Stir and bring to a boil.

As soon as it boils, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes. 

Remove from heat and pour all over the popcorn. Add the amount of salt that you normally would to popcorn. (This is important, as kettle corn is salty AND sweet) Toss with a wooden spoon, making sure to get the sugar mixture that fell to the bottom. Let it cool a few minutes and eat



Tip: If you don't use all the syrup put it in the fridge and reheat it for next time!

Adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...