Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Baking My Way: Rainbow Cookie Brittle

  I'll be honest, I don't get this recipe. There's a lot of butter, and it's very greasy (don't get me wrong, I love butter, but now when it just makes the final product really greasy). I don't really get how it's supposed to be like a brittle, it's more like a cookie bar. I tried it, and thankfully I split the recipe and didn't make a full batch. 

Ingredients

  • 1  cup sugar
  • 3/4  cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1  teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2  cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
  • 1/2  cup miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces or miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. 1Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour; mix well. Stir in miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces. Press dough into ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
  2. 2Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely; break into irregular shaped pieces.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...